April 30, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasions - April 14

April Showers Bring May Flowers!  That's our theme this month.  Jeanne here this time and I'm absolutely delighted that I got to be the hostess with this flowery theme!





In the Spring and Summer I'm surrounded by color from the beautiful flowers in my yard.  The rest of the year I try to satisfy myself with a garden of crafty supplies in a rainbow of colors.   The kit I put together contains pattern paper from Basic Grey's "Fresh Cut" collection, yards of May Arts ribbon, stamped floral images from Clearly Besotted and  Serendipity Stamps, and loads of floral die cuts from Memory Box and Poppystamps.

I'm sad to report that Christina MacLaren has decided to leave the group.  That left us with two extra kits to award to commenters from this past month. We're so happy that Erin Thiem from Homemade Cards by Erin and Nancy Penir from Artful Notions  - are joining us this time. 

So sit back, grab a cuppa, and enjoy your walk in the garden with us today.
There is a special announcement at the end of this post!







The 12 KitsTeam

Kara



*with a blog post a bit later
Kelly



Kim


Marybeth

{Renee coming soon}

Renee



tracey_12K1

Tracey


Hello there.  Joyce here with a quick question--would you like to join us next month as a Guest Designer?   I am hostess for May, and I've got an extra kit for one lucky commenter who would like to play along with us next month.  Please leave a comment here on this blog and tell me what is your favorite thing about the month of May.  May is a big month for me, as it is my birthday, anniversary, and of course, there is Mother's Day.  How about you?

18 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh my goodness, such talent, many thanks for letting me join the fun. My favorite part of May is my wedding anniversary.

Miriam Prantner said...

What gorgeous cards and a beautiful kit! Would love to play along. My favorite part of May is my birthday!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

These are awesome ladies! I would love to take part in the fun next month... And I can't wait for May because we are going on vacation!

Betty said...

May is my birthday month and mother's day for for me and usually the weather is gorgeous and springlike! Always love the way these kits inspire so many different interpretations!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous selection of cards from everyone this month - I don't know how you make them all look so different!
May is one of my favorite months because everything looks so fresh and new. We have a 'foam of May' bush in the garden that flowers for the whole month and is so beautiful to look at as I have my morning coffee each day.

Hugs
Carol x

Unknown said...

I love the month of May because that's when the flowers start to bloom and fill in , the trees have beautiful leaves, and the grass is luscious and green!

Denisse said...

These cards are awesome! May is also my birthday! Happy early birthday to you Joyce! I would be oh so lucky to win this kit!

cm said...

Oh my stars, but this is a gallery of amazing creativity and stunning beauty! Again, I'm astounded by the variety of cards emerging one kit; each one unique, fresh, gorgeous! May is always special: Mother's Day, my sister's birthday, the start of the bike racing season (my husband is a competitive cyclist and I'm a race official), and this year, something extra wonderful: my nephew's baptism...on Mother's Day! Thank you for sharing lovely inspiration!
c

Lindsey said...

I can't get over how gorgeous this kit is! LOVE the colors and all the florals. My favorite things about May are the things we celebrate - my husband's birthday and mother's day (I've been blessed to have a lot of mother figures in my life).

Lisa Elton said...

BEAUTIFUL colors in this kit and I love what I'm seeing from the team so far! My favorite thing about May besides honoring my mother, would be the lilacs that perfume the air ~ LOVE THEM!!

Jinny Newlin said...

Totally loving all the big die cuts and bright, happy colors in this month's kit! Would love to have the opportunity to play with one! My favorite thing about May is the start of the lazy days of summer with the close of another successful school year.

Loly Borda said...

My favorite thing about May is my wedding anniversary On the 28th, but we have two graduations in the family as well. thanks for the chance!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

All amazing, swoon! Love this kit! If you need someone to step in on your team I'd be happy to. ;)

Harriet Skelly said...

Love the colors and flowers in the kit! The samples are all fabulous! May to me means summer is just around the corner - and I love summer!

Karen said...

May is my birthday month as well, but my favorite thing about the month is that almost always SPRING finally arrives in western NY. It's really late this year, so I'm hoping it holds true again.

victoria h said...

My favourite thing about May is bank holidays and this Monday is forecast to be sunny- yay!

Shona Chambers said...

I'm in New Zealand and its Autumn, so my favourite part of May is all the fallen leaves. My children are 7yrs and 9yrs old and they still love to build big piles of leaves with me and jump into them, be buried in them and just generally make a mess. Have just discovered this blog through Kim's and think the kits are a brilliant idea and would love to win one. Will definitely follow your blog now to see what wonderful cards come up next!!

Greta said...

Incredible kit & cards! I love every one of them!